Do you want to make something of your own? Everything you love was made with code.
Do you love the idea of coding, but don’t know where to start? Fret not. Let’s begin our journey into the world of coding.
Disclaimer: This article will not teach you any coding concepts. However, if you are interested in learning how to write your first code, I am sure this will be helpful.
- Okay, this is the most obvious one. You should have a genuine interest to start coding.
- Pick a language. Most graduate schools introduce the students to the world of programming through C. However, if you keep your options open, Python is an even better language to start with.
- When you think you are ready, write down (on paper) what you want to code about and what do you expect your code to do?
- When you are done writing what you expect out of the code, the next step would be to write an algorithm, which is a set of ‘step by step’ operations that need to be performed. Remember: An algorithm can be written in any language (including English, Hindi, French, and yeah, German). This is the most significant step, so don’t skip it.
- When you are done writing an algorithm, write the code in your preferred language.
- The most important quality to possess as a coder is: perseverance. You should be persistent through whatever failures you may face. Just keep at it and you’ll be awesome.