1. Your life is yours. You are responsible for it, not your parents. Stop whining. You messed up something? Stop blaming someone else for it. Take responsibility, and learn from your mistakes.
2. Life is not divided into semesters, and you won’t get summers off, like you usually have. Once you are out of college, and you’ve entered the real world, you won’t get a vacation from life. It goes on.
3. You think your teacher is strict? Wait until you get a boss.
4. Opportunity won’t always come to you. You have to create opportunities for yourself. People say opportunities are hard to find. Well if that’s the case, create one for yourself.
5. Television isn’t real. In reality, people actually have to leave the coffee shop, and go to work. You won’t be paid to sit in the coffee shop all day.
6. The world doesn’t care about your self esteem. You are expected to accomplish something, before you feel good about yourself.
7. Don’t try to be someone you are not. You are great as you are. Just make yourself better with each passing day.
8. You think losing that extra pound would make you happy? No, it won’t. You have to find out what makes you happy. Ask yourself,”Is this what I really want?” If the answer is ‘No’ for many days in a row, don’t do it. Figure out what you really want.
9. Some people taste success very early in life, like Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, etc. They achieved it because they worked very hard for it. You want to be successful? Follow your dreams, work hard, and you can move mountains.
10. You won’t start making thousands of dollars, right out of college. You’ll have to be patient.
11. Life isn’t fair, but it is still good. It is way too short to waste time hating anyone. Instead, make at least three people smile everyday. What you do in life, counts. So, make the most of it.